Green Cards

Comprehensive Green Card Assistance in San Francisco

Experienced Immigration Support for Your Family

If you are interested in obtaining a green card on behalf of a loved one, you may realize that the U.S. immigration laws and procedures can be complex. The paperwork and documents you must submit can be overwhelming, your case could be subject to delays, and the errors you make on your application can have a negative impact on your case. In order to ensure all your forms are properly completed and your rights and best interests are protected throughout the legal process, you must hire an experienced immigration lawyer.

At Harrison Law Office, P.C., we provide knowledgeable and personalized legal help to families who need a green card for themselves or their loved ones. Our San Francisco green card attorney can help petition your spouse, fiancé, children, parents, or siblings. We are committed to reuniting and keeping your family together.

Contact us today at (415) 212-6817 for an initial consultation and let Attorney Blake Harrison review your case.

Navigating Family-Based Green Card Applications

According to U.S. immigration laws, family members of citizens and lawful permanent residents (LPRs) qualify for legal permanent residence in this country. When it comes to family-based visas, a U.S. citizen or LPR relative must file the petition on behalf of the loved one.

A loved one may qualify for a green card if he/she falls into one of three categories:

  • An immediate relative of a U.S. citizen – There is no cap in the number of immediate relatives a U.S. citizen can sponsor and it may take several months before the petition is approved. Immediate relatives include spouses, unmarried children under 21 years of age, parents (if the U.S. citizen child is at least 21 years old), stepchildren (if the marriage occurs prior to the child’s 18th birthday), stepparents, and adopted children (in some cases).

  • A preference relative of a U.S. citizen or LPR – A preference relative will have to wait in line for years or even decades until they can obtain a green card. There are four preference levels: family first preference (i.e., unmarried children of a U.S. citizen), family second preference (i.e., spouses and unmarried children of LRPs), family third preference (i.e., married children of a U.S. citizen), and family fourth preference (i.e., siblings of U.S. citizens).

  • An accompanying relative of a person in a preference category – A preference relative’s spouse and children may be included in the immigration process as “derivative” beneficiaries.

First, the sponsoring relative needs to file Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once the I-130 petition is approved, the relative living outside the U.S. can apply for an immigrant visa through a U.S. consulate abroad through “consular processing” (CP).

When the relative’s visa is approved, the person may travel to the U.S. and undergo inspection to ensure compliance. After inspection and admission into the country, the person will be considered an LPR.

Schedule Your Consultation with a Green Card Attorney

Our San Francisco green card lawyer can guide you through the complexities of the legal process and ensure you obtain the results you desire. We are ready to help you make your family whole again.

Call (415) 212-6817 to discover how we can assist with your Green Card process.


Get the Immigration Experience & Commitment Your Case Deserves

Schedule a Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.